Friday, March 8, 2013

The Criteria* - what makes it all worth

This week will be an intimate retreat where doubts will be caressed, questions will multiply themselves and decisions will de made. Choreographing is - essentially - the courage to TAKE DECISIONS having in account that more interesting decisions will be made in the future but that what we are right NOW is worth sharing with oneself and others. Yep: tomorrow I´ll do it differently, more interesting for me, at least.


What moves me as a person?
What moves me as a dancer?
What moves me as an Artist? - I ask myself constantly as if I didn´t want to lose track of who I am and what I do (with all the motivations that back it up).

I REALLY don´t want to lose track of myself or even for a second be unfaithful to my own soul so I ASK, more and more: I ASK. I...

I´m a learning junkie - therefore I have to learn while I work in order to keep me interested in my craft. I have to SURPRISE MYSELF (probably the most difficult of all challenges) every time I choreograph, perform or teach.
If I teach, I HAVE to LEARN/GROW/SURPRISE MYSELF.
If I perform, I HAVE to LEARN/GROW/SURPRISE MYSELF.
If I choreograph, I HAVE to LEARN/GROW/SURPRISE MYSELF.

The moment I see a place, person, situation does not contribute to my EVOLUTION I fly away to conquer other, more productive pastures. Some see it as a selfish attitude: I guess it is but it is me, my nature, my CRITERIA for what is worth doing or not.
Some follow money, applause, pats on the back, coronations and prizes; some follow the shallow sound of commercial approval and keep doing what they think will bring them more status, profit, fame. I follow my own dignity, my own growth, my own consciousness of a deep ignorance whose bittersweet thirst can only be tamed through that blissful and restless state of BEING THE ETERNAL STUDENT.





 
In the next 5 days (5= number of chaos) I will enter in the 5th dimension (number 5 again) and dare to CREATE something that makes ME breathless. Just hoping others will FEEL it too once I share my work with them.
Until we meet again: LOVE to all.

1 comment:

Hazem_Zoom said...

nice words, and we are waiting for your wild enterance of 5th dimension as you tel us here, good luck for that and don't leave us excited for so long , cheeeeeeeeeeers