Monday, April 8, 2013

Teaching and performing in Russia (love of mine).

 
In a few words, this is how I describe the undescribable joy of performing and teaching in Russia:
 
1. Knowing that my Art is appreciated, understood from an artistic point of view, loved, cherished, stimulated and given wings to fly higher;

2. Knowing I will find loads of talent, hard working people who are used to deal with Dance as the serious and deep craft it really is;
3. Knowing that I will see the best dancers in the workshops, working more intensely than anyone else;
4. Knowing that I will deal with generous, warm, humble, professional and supportive people who deal with me and my work as I always dreamt they would;
 
5. Knowing I will find "amateur" dancers (beginners, so they say!) that are more professional and impressive than most dancers who call themselves "professional".
6. Knowing that I will meet DARING dancers who take risks in order to excell; dancers who will not mind except their own business and do not compare themselves to others but always aim at excelling themselves and being better than they were yesterday. If they look at their dancer colleagues they do so with inspiring eyes who wish to learn from everything and everyone and not the competitive, envy eyes that I so often find in this dance environment.

7. Knowing I will find dancers with 6 years old that have a mature attitude and work ethics in a class as true pros with the kind of focus and curiosity only artistic minds have.
8. Knowing I will be treated as the Artist I work so passionatly to always be.
 
9. Knowing that I will enter the 6th dimension where Egypt can be easily found in the strangest and funniest ways (there are gas stations in Russia which claim to work 25hours per day so you see what I´m speaking about: Egypt´s madness is around the corner).
 
P.S. I feel at home in Russia - I really do. The most delicious food a soul´s artist can receive is the respect and love of his/her audience and this is exactly what I receive in Russia.


1 comment:

Hazem_Zoom said...

oh welcome back,Joana :))))
Wow you added some new posts her in your blog,I will pass to see all of them later, and I like those photos you posted here, this is lovely

I wish that you enjoy a nice time, take care,later :D