Thursday, February 20, 2014

Don´t allow them to define you*






Don´t allow them to define you*

Defining is limiting. Period.
People who hardly knew me have been trying - and failing - to define me, label me, limit me to the shelf they imagine or wish I´d belong and yet I am FREE of all labels, shelve...s and external ghosts.
Who I am today is not who I will be tomorrow - thanks God. That´s called GROWING, MATURING, LIVING and allowing life to shape me the way I wish.
In Egypt I am the "rakkasah" - with all the prejudices that it entails. A star, all right, but a "rakkasah" who eats men for breakfast.
Outside of Egypt I´m the famous "bellydancer" - with all the prejudices it also entails. Known, all right, but still the "belly dancer".
Everywhere I go people have ideas about me which are rarely connected with me. It´s interesting to see how much of themselves they put on my back...
Thanks, world, but I am UN-DEFINABLE. Don´t even try to put me in a cage - my wings are as thick and thin as my soul*
Free. In Love. Everything and Nothing - that I am.


No comments: