Wednesday, July 15, 2009





















Cairo, the 12th July, 2009



"Backstage photos, photos...enjoy.
Some pictures say more than a thousand words.I hope this is the case.













Most of these pictures were taken by my assistant - who loves cameras and has the soul of a frustrated artist - although others were also taken by my dancers or myself in some daring self-portrait. These are happy moments full of antecipation. Instead of sharing them with you speaking about nerves, excitement and concentration rituals, here are some images who say more than I could ever describe with written words.
No matter for how long I've been performing (first time public performance on television at the age of 5 years old! No kidding...:) ), I never get used to the exposure and the antecipation of doing what I love the most: PERFORMING!
Each time, more insecure. Each time, more excited and grateful. Each and every time, trying my best to move forward and grow as a dancer, a person, an artist. It's great to receive the opportunity to put myself to the test continuously. I bow to all these gifts. I bow in humility and joy...

No comments: