Friday, July 24, 2009


Cairo, the 25th July, 2009


"Me, dancing "Yamsafer wahdak" by Mohamed Abdul Wahab"


I am in a video mood. I guess it shows, huh?!

It's all part of wanting to share my joy with others and just a bit, very small bit of these last nights of work.

The best audiences ever. The "shouting your name" kind of audience. In the space of a few days, I can see the same faces I've seen before bringing their mums, wives and friends. I see their look of approval and expectancies and I work with my heart not to disappoint them. There's nothing as stimulating for an artist than the appreciation of the public.


The lady who cleans the bathroom has become my biggest fan in a record time speed (I have a "thing" for cleaning ladies, they all end up my friends and N1 fans...such an enigma I couldn't decipher until now...) and advises me to protect myself from the evil eye.

"It's very important that you don't forget to protect yourself from it because it's very strong on you! " - She advises while handing me extra napkins to retouch my make-up during the show.

She hugs me and assures me she'll be watching me (even hidden from the manager's disaproving sight). I thank her and promise to take care of myself.


My assistant brought me a special ointment based on mint to cool my muscles and release some stress and effort accumulated on my precious legs (thank you, my sweeties...you've been doing a great job!) and I rest for a while singing along with her walkman where you can hear Hakim in some of his old hits.


And then...the stage...how much love I receive from people and how much do I know that I cannot take it for granted but rather care for it and feed it like a valuable, rare flower I must keep alive and growing.

I thank God!That's my only and heartfelt prayer these days.



To check on me dancing Mohamed Abdul Wahab, follow the link:

2 comments:

kalli said...

hi joana,
i am a nigerian lady living in US.
i am fitness instructor. me and my friends love ur dance
You have amazing smooth soft belly with graceful movements

Please please reply.

kalli

Joana Saahirah of Cairo said...

Thanks, sweetie.I ll keep the good work in order to inspire you more and more.
Kisses from Cairo!J.