Tuesday, July 7, 2009


Cairo, the 4th July, 2009

"Backstage - part 1 PLUS t.v. interview and show small video...goodies to enjoy..."

I am sleepless again...the will to grow as an artist as well as a person steals all possibilities of a quiet night. I dream - literally - about my new shows, wake up in the middle of the night with some new ideas to materialize and - so it seems from the one who knows better - I even sing during my tormented sleep and smile in a way I suspect I didn't smile for a long time.

Here's a picture of me and Maya, a brazilian dancer I met at the Nile Group Festival who became a friend and also a reminder that not everybody in this business is nuts or simply bad news..









I am so excited that I can hardly breath consistently. What's happening?

I arrived home from work exhausted and with two pairs of show shoes broken - the evil eye and its unsuspected powers! - as well as a totally broken body which still managed to cook a mean spaghetti (at 2.00h in the morning!) and take a shower. My feet hurt like hell and I presume I will fall asleep as a rock the minute I lay my head on the pillow. I am wrong.
As exhausted as I was and dreaming about that hug from my man (the only thing I wish for after work and the real compensation after a night of such hard work and adrenaline), I still couldn't sleep until the sun started to say hi to me through the windows.The sun found me all crancky and with an ill mood due to my restlessness. I hate it!

Will I smile, dream about my work and wake up again tonight due to this most recent desease I caught from an overly intense life?!
I can't stop thinking, not even with chinese massages and facials that take you to the other side of reality.I am pronouncing myself a hardcore thinking machine 24 hours per day! Did I mention how excited I am?!
Talking about backstage euphoria, check this home video my assistant made of me during one of my rehearsals. Here I am reconstructing a bit of a coreography with one of my dancers! Me with training shoes, no make-up and baggy trousers making a lot of mistakes on the coreography. Uau! More "backstage" transparence than this, impossible! Enjoy it!




And...another interview on portuguese television.Follow the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRV8SY33_oQ

Also check one of my tabla solos and a show finale at the "Nile Maxim" cruise, Zamalek.
Follow the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATKhNF6pjHg

No comments: