Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bellydance World Cup in Cyprus (Aphrodite´s Journey)

Here´s what they say: Cyprus was the birthplace of Aphrodite - Goddess of Love, Sensuality and Beauty. After I´ve been in the country I tend to agree with the myth. The Magic* is there, even if Cyprus is divided into Greek and Turkish sides that do not really understood each other.

 Talk about the absolute need for LOVE...
Taking the risk of repeating myself and assuming that other creative-professional priorities take time and energy that I used to dedicate to my blog´s update, I can thank - once more - for the chance to share my VISION of Oriental Dance with the world.

This time was Cyprus (teaching and judging in the Bellydance World Cup) but many other places are already hanging on my love-dream belt and many - MANY - others are following right now.

As I joyfully ride this new chapter of The Journey, I cannot stop but thinking that it is all way bigger than me: my work, mission, dream, task in this world. The happiness of opening doors to other dancers and showing them the TRUE BEAUTY and RICHNESS of egyptian dance goes beyond my own sense of pride and ego: it is a WORK of LOVE. Pure, real, enlightened, blessed as only REAL LOVE can be.

Ukraine is the next stop on my map* and many other challenges and blessings are already showing themselves on the horizon.

Blissed and blessed*.
Leaving you all with some images-memories of an unforgettable ride in Cyprus*:








1 comment:

Hazem_Zoom said...

Beautiful set of photos,Joana.
You look happy and full of vitality here, wow