Monday, July 1, 2013

Treasures of Egypt (beginning of the Journey*)



Thanks to Wail Abdel for this hillarious gift.

This is one of the several television gigs I took when I moved to Cairo to live and work there. By the time, it was forbidden for foreigners to perform Oriental Dance (solo performances) so my dream was, temporarily, ilegal (Welcome to Egypt!).

Anyway, the time I had to wait until that absurd law was eliminated served me quite well to work in another neighboring countries (Oman, Qatar and Lebanon) as well as in Egypt where I joined groups of Modern Dance, Hip-hop, Egyptian Folklore and even Khaleegi. You name it: I did it all.:)

Wait until Wail finds me performing a mean "dabke" on the famous SAMIR SABRI SHOW!:)
Lord: so proud of myself and the way this Magical Journey started***.

P.S. Thanks, Wail - you´re "da" man.:)

1 comment:

Hazem_Zoom said...

Actually what I really like about you that you sometimes seem a real egyptian woman LOL

You know famous folkloric show characters of egypt like "Mahmoud Reda" and our legends of bellydance

Here I found you talk about possibility to perform in a show of "Samir Sabri" he is a famous actor and artists in egypt.

Nice and joyful :))

oh and we made it in Egypt and took our freedom back from those extremists (it's still unsafe and they terrorise us but Egypt will go back to its semi secular shape)

So you can dance and enjoy your beauty as a real female like always before the last black year of extremists in Egypt

Cheeers Joana, see you later.