Monday, December 14, 2009



Cairo, the 13th December, 2009


"Pushing the most sensitive chord in my heart"





Blah, blah, blah...and I ended up crying - again! - on stage.


This doesn't happen all the time, thanks God! That would be a lot to manage on a daily basis.



I can usually control my emotions while I am dancing and just use the right amount of "heart" and "head" in order not to fall apart when a certain music or simple melody awakens something strong inside me.

I am a professional. I should be able to control myself but today I was hitten all of a sudden by the most amazing accordeon "taksim" ( accordeon solo improvisation) I've heard in my life.

My accordeonist is always great but something happened tonight and I was caught in the middle of an uncontrollable flood of emotions - both happy and nostalgic - that left me totally exposed and off-guard.

He might have been more emotional or loving for some personal reason or specially inspired and giving...I don't know what happened, really...all I know is that I travelled with him though his music, went to visit GOD and all His Angels and am still returning from the ride.

When I noticed where the "thing" was going, I had to wash the tears from my eyes and started envisioing myself totally messed up with make-up running down my face and such.

Ohhhh...this was a shock!

I reached the backstage room and I kept crying like a baby. Artists are strange people, I tell you that! Or maybe it's just me...:(

"Allah aleik, ya Mr. Mohamed!!!" (God be upon you, Mr. Mohamed!) - It was what I just HAD to tell my musician on stage and on the spot (it couldn't wait until we got backstage, it just couldn't!).

Who can explain why, all of a sudden, a simple turn of melodic phrase arises such an incredible emotional tide inside me?! Who knows what mathematics rule music and the human heart, connecting it through our common SOUL?!

I feel like someone pinched me hard in my heart. The muscle is still beating but a little bothered by the pinching...God bless artists like these...





No comments: