Sunday, December 27, 2009











Cairo, the 27th December, 2009

“Return to work…- NEW YEAR'S EVE at the GREAT NILE MAXIM, CAIRO"

I am in warrior mode, once more.
This is my “other side”, far away from the safe/warm environment of my home/family.
In this other world where I entail my biggest battles, I can’t trust anyone or count on anyone’s benevolence or help. This has been a lonely adventure, the one which chose me and brought me to Egypt.
The carriage is pushed by me and ONLY ME. That can be quite tiring.
I am back with my battle shield and helmet although so much of me has changed and, therefore, my battle tactics must also change.

Somehow, I fear I am suffering from a split personality complex. My body was in Portugal, but my mind and heart were somewhere else.
At the same time, I woke up today in Cairo but my soul was so far away…sometimes, I close my eyes and all sense of time and place disappear. I really don’t know where I am anymore and believe I am EVERYWHERE. Am I talking crazy over here?!

Maybe…

I was recognized my the police control at the airport! That was really nice, I must add.
The police man asked me if I was the dancer, Joana. I said YES and smiled.
He asked me if I needed anything when he noticed I was trying to call a friend on my mobile and it wasn’t working. He offered his own mobile for me to call whoever I needed and didn’t even check my passport (upps!).
The good side of egyptian police “bad side”. Oh, reality is so much of what suit us, isn’t it?!

No comments: