Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Devorah Korek: blissful mirror.


Ok: I´m not an internet nerd: I´m quite the opposite, actually. Computers and me are like water and vinegar (they cannot be successfully mixed).

So I tried to post this comment on the blog´s comments box but failed, somehow. 
Devorah Korek (Director of Sarabi school  - Barcelona and the creator of a teaching method I deeply identify myself with) - whom I mentioned in an ulterior post -  was kind enough to answer to that same post. 

As you may have noticed, I never publish private messages or comments to my work unless the person clearly says I can do so. This was the case and it simply made me cry.:)
I´m more used to attacks and obstacles than support so this is PRECIOUS, specially coming from a professional-artist I respect so much.

Thanks, Devorah: again and then again.

"Wow! To be included in your diary is really quite an honor for me...

I also enjoyed our lunch very much, and the long chat was wonderful for me, to find someone that has the same world view as I do - it's great that you are so young but have such a mature view of life, and are understanding things that it has taken me much longer to learn.

 You can really help a lot of dancers with your knowledge and generosity, it makes me feel good to know that you are out there traveling and teaching and raising the level of dance in Cairo as well. 
Keep on keeping on, Joana - you have a great career ahead of you!! 
Best of luck always, Devorah"

No comments: