Monday, November 12, 2012

Just caught the tail of the Dragon*.

This is the entrance to one of the 400 year old stone houses on the banks of the Vltava River that snakes, like the tail of this dragon, through Český Krumlov in the Czech Republic. It's the home of Canadian artist and woodworker Cal Zukowski [www.krumlovhostel.com]. Cal made the door with local oak and cherry utilizing Japanese joinery. The dragon is a similar design to one found in the town's impressive 14th century castle.



P.S. It just crossed my mind, once again, that I´m blessed to have caught what I call "the tail of the dragon" - the last glimpse* of true egyptian dance and soul. 
I see the news from Egypt as I tour Europe and, somehow, I am not surprised. Only a blind or hypocritical would not have seen it coming: "religious" extremism is coming to town. BIG TIME.

More details about this subject* are amply chewed and identified in my BOOK (FINAL editing on the way: YES!!!) and I´m out of WTFs ("what the fuck" for the distracted souls who don´t know that this poetic expression means) but the tail of the dragon returns to me in a daily manner - in dream day light occasions as well as in my nightly sleep.

You know what? Wherever I go, I´m taking Egypt with me - the TRUE and BEST part of Egypt. Let the darkness come: there is enough DANCE to light up the whole Universe.

No comments: