Monday, November 26, 2012

Rays of Light - between Russia and Turkey.


Then: when you almost - almost! - lost faith in Humanity something like Russia and Istambul happen and Light is ON again.

This afternoon: as I got lost in the heart of Istambul I met a gentleman who only spoke the local language but noticed how disoriented I was and offered help and warm turkish coffee for the road. Then he lead me to the metro station I was supposed to reach; from that point, a gorgeous turkish young man offered to help me on the journey and - literally - took me by his hand and payed for my ticket, leaving me at the train station. At this point, a new young gentleman (syrian, this time) offered to guide me and also bought my ticket, even against my reproaches. He made sure I arrived safely to the hotel and left me with these simple words:
 "Allah maaki" ("May God with with you"). 
YES: there is LIGHT and KINDNESS in this world.:)
P.S. You can find the best street pizzas in Istambul as well as shopping bliss (even for a anti-shopaholic like me) at the mythical Grand Bazar. GORGEOUS is too little and poor to describe ALL you can find at this place.
Plus: Turkish Airlines is the best airline company in Europe (the prizes it has won say so and I confirm it).

*

No comments: