Friday, November 9, 2012

"La Sagrada Familia": God in the shape of a building.

Photos won´t do it: you just HAVE to BE THERE to FEEL IT*.
"La Sagrada Familia" is the unfinished MASTERPIECE of Antoní Gaudí (follow the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaud%C3%AD ) and the second most impressive, perfect (oh, yes: PERFECTION exists!:) thing made by human hand (that I´ve ever seen).

"Taj Mahal" (in Agra, India) is still my favorite piece of human architecture but "La Sagrada Familia" is the second - no doubt about it. If I had visited Barcelona in my adolescence I would have become an architect myself JUST BECAUSE of this DIVINE feat. 

I cried - "wept" is the right word over here - inside of "La Sagrada Familia"; I had epiphanies, heartbreaks and heart mending; I REMEMBERED what it meant to be a Christian or- simply put - a RELIGIOUS person; my mouth dropped and my eyes realized I was not inside of "just an architectural" masterpiece but a spiritual feat of hermetic treasures and a meaning that future generations will be able to unravel. 
I sighed - a lot! I got dizzy, warm and then freezing cold. I realized how immensely small and big we - humans - are.
I felt humbled and high at the same time; I held my heart in my own hands and the PRESENCE of GOD in that SACRED GEOMETRY and SYMBOLIC PIECE of HEAVEN Gaudí created.
 
Was Gaudí an alien?! - it crossed my mind-soul. 
Was he a Saint? A lunatic with flashes of divine inspiration? 
A Mystic, for sure; a person directly connected with the Fountain: a visionary: a truly RELIGIOUS person.
This is what true ART does: it AWAKENS you to something BIGGER inside yourself. 
I bow to the GENIUS of GAUDÍ and all the forces that sent him the LIGHT to produce something of this LEVEL.
 Barcelona is blessed.

Interior of "La Sagrada Familia" - a big forest.
And this is where I get my own Inspirations. It´s not - usually - from other dancers of my area. I get the best ideas and most essential lessons from architecture, sculpture, painting, literature, etc. Those are the nest where I catch my eggs - and what an egg this one is!





The shapes, the figures of Nature spread in a loving way; the christian iconography and its details; the proportions, light, direction of walls, pillars and intentions: ALL came together to offer an emotional and spiritual experience. 
I sat at "Starbucks" having my breakfast - in front of "La Sagrada Familia". An overwhelming sense of peace came upon me ("how lucky am I to be able to experience something like THIS?!).
I will never be the same after THIS*; my DANCE will never be the same. Impossible to remain static, untouched, unaffected by the MAGIC of a MIRACLE - like this*.


No comments: