Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blessed* Egyptian Radar*

Photo by Slavko Rajh
 
It´s known - if you´ve followed my career so far - that I owe a LOT of Egyptian audiences and to the Musicians who have worked with me in eight years of daily shows in Egypt. Local audiences and musicians were my biggest Teachers, Guidance and Family and the ones who held my ground when everything seemed to fall apart. They are - indeed - the MASTER TEACHERS of my own EGYPT GREAT SCHOOL of MYSTERIES.
 
Very few people know about my true self and motivations: what makes me do what I do and go where I go. For me, REALLY, it has always been about the GROWTH, the DISCOVERY and the ADVENTURE of feeling ALIVE by finding who I am and sharing it with others.
 
My life and work in Egypt has developed many of my senses (or RADARS, as I prefer to call them): the survival radar, the passion radar, the "not interested" radar and the EGYPTIAN RADAR. Yep: you read it well. Wherever I am performing (may that be in Egypt or in China, Japan, Hawai - you name it ), I FEEL if there are Egyptians in the room. Once I identify them, I FEEL AT HOME - I know* I am back home. It´s beyond understanding.
 
No surprise then when I hit the stage in Slovenia and immediately located one egyptian gentleman (and the word is truly accurate in this case: a GENTLEMAN) in the audience. I felt HIM* and he felt ME* instantly: we didn´t know each other but, somehow, WE DID. There was a common ground, sky, language, secret passage to Heaven, a dimension we both shared.
As I danced, I saw his lips moving (saying something to his wife and to himself) and, most importantly, his EYES shinning. I knew everything he was feeling and thinking. I knew what that performance was about: not a cute, correct, exotic dance but an opportunity to RECONNECT people with their own souls, in particular this GENTLEMAN who came from the same Land* I come from. What I saw in his eyes was LOVE and a SOUL who remembers the way back home*; that was ORIENTAL DANCE magic* happening.
 
 No more comments required. Just:
 THANK YOU, LIFE*********************
 
 
Photo by Breda Jurecko.

No comments: