Monday, October 21, 2013

Looking back* (plus Slovenia Magic*)...

Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*
 
I´m not a nostalgia lover, particularly where time is concerned. Celebrating 10 years of career or counting how many this or that have been achieved is not my cup of tea. By quality and default, I look at the NOW and the AHEAD, never back. What I´ve done is not interesting anymore, at least for not for me. WHAT I AM DOING NOW AND THE DREAMS THAT KEEP GROWING ARE IMPORTANT.
It seems I´ve done a LOT and yet - if I fall in a rare "looking back" exercize -, I see only 12 years of Oriental Dance on my back. 12 years of work in Oriental Dance is not THAT* long if you take in consideration how much water has already passed under my bridge.
 
Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*
In these 12 years, I´ve taught, performed and organized events in my original homeland (Portugal) when pratically no one knew what Oriental Dance was; I launched myself to Egypt (performing in Lebanon, in Oman and in Qatar before setting my tent* in Egypt) and - without any help or guiding hands -, I built a very sucessful career there for 8 years of non stop applauses; in these last 3 years, I´ve been invited to teach, perform and lecture around the world and have two BOOKS ready to be published (first one will be OUT THERE* very, VERY soon*).
Teaching in  Maribor (Slovenia)*
A new show* on the way and a brand new WORLD AGENDA that will take 2014 by storm. This fantastic ADVENTURE* happened  in 12 years of PASSIONATE JOURNEY - only 12 years! Imagine how much I will do with the rest of my Life*...:)

Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*
 It´s true, I started working in the field when I was just 22 years old. I was green, naif and still not prepared for the craft but I learnt WHILE doing it - mistakes included. If I´d waited for the "perfect" time to start, I would still be waiting - that´s the truth.
Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*
Yep - looking back is not my "thing". And yet it´s amazing when I do it and see how PROUD I am (of everything I´ve done so far and the immense lot of AMAZING things I will do right now).


Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*
But...if you ask me...what´s the most FANTASTIC thing I gather from the Journey - so far -, I would tell you: the Passion, Wonder and Respect I have for my Art has never faded, even after seeing the darkest corners of this world and travelling through all sorts of hell ("Welcome to Egypt!"). It´s a full circle moment, no doubt: I´ve started knowing* this Dance is Sacred; then Egypt happened to me and "they" tried to convence me this Art is shit and dancers are prostitutes. I´ve accepted to prove them wrong and won.
I´ve seen the darkness, indeed, and came out of it more luminous than ever.
 
PROUD, IN LOVE and BLESSED are my words of order. Today and always.


Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*

Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*

Performing in Maribor (Slovenia)*

THE LOVE FEAST WILL NOT STOP
*********************

No comments: