Thursday, November 14, 2013

Russia (Samara)* - one more Great Meeting of Souls*********************

By the Volga river - Samara, Russia.
 
I´m unusually speechless these days. Blame it on a strange mood (that pulls me to do even MORE but speak less); blame it on the focus on the writing and editing of my BOOKS (enough words in those two); blame it on a busy agenda that pulls me in so many different directions - at the same time - that my head spins.
Doing my "crazy thing" on stage. Gala show in Samara, Russia.
Although I´ll be brief, there´s no way I could not comment on my last work trip to Russia. It´s a honor to see how the countries where the level of Oriental Dance is the highest are precisely the ones where my work and VISION* are more deeply understood and loved. That, in itself, makes my day (of course). But there´s something else in Russia - some kind of good karma that I have with the country and its people.
Flying on stage with Om Kolthoum.
Once more, I saw TALENT and SERIOUS WORK on the table. Dancers from all over Russia (and Russia is a BIG country) came to study with me and experience my performance in the Gala Show which closed the event. Expectations on me grow even higher and there´s the weight of responsability that come with them. I knew I had to give my best but recently discovered that MY BEST is always what my heart FEELS at each moment. Life cannot be 100% planned. Neither can Dance*.
 
Next to one of the many posters (with my photo and name) spread all over town.
I dropped my plans, changed the idea I had for the workshops and show and let myself go. The warmth, love and respect I got from dancers, public and the Festival´s organization were overwhelming. Recognition that comes from honest, passionate work is the sweetest sensation any Artist can aspire to enjoy.
PERFORMING - LOVING (in LOVE*).
Maturity means, aside from other perks, not having to prove your worth to the world. It means PERFORMING from the SOUL (in order to touch other people´s souls) instead of showing off a series of correct, impressive (?!) movements that will look great on photos and vídeos. 
Teaching, lecturing and performing reveal themselves - clearer than ever - as sacred ways to RECONNECT with other Human Beings (and remind them of their own SOUL).
 
Me and the other Judges of the Competition in Samara, Russia.
I was exhausted when I arrived to Russia and returned even more exhausted - that´s true. I also returned with a renewed sense of PURPOSE. My career has never been about what MOST PEOPLE presume. The map* of my Dreams is rare and very few can see* it.
No need for words; maybe no need for (exterior) movements. Just breathe and LOOK others in the EYES - they will tell you what DANCE really is*.
Blessed and in BLISS********************* 


Apparently cool judge. :)
 
Teaching wonderful dancers*.

By the Volga river.
 

Thank you, Russia (I love you)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: