Saturday, January 14, 2012




Image of my first professional job in Egypt!








Luxor, right in the kicking start of this whole adventure, in a time when a stupid law forbade foreigners to work as professional Oriental Dancers in Egypt (oh, yeah, it existed such a law." Banana Republic", my dears!).

The solution was to create and perform as a GROUP of dancers (as the monkey law only forbade us to dance solo).


I went to Luxor with some colleagues I had met on my arrival to Egypt for some Oriental Shows which included the peculiar program:


1. Egyptian Oriental and folcloric dances;


2. Lebanese dabke;


3. Spanish fantasy (a little bit of flamenco, "sevillanas" and LOTS of non~sense);


4.Samba and modern dance.


5. A musical number from "Cabaret" where I had to sing and dance on a chair with a broken leg. The lyrics were given to me a few hours before the first show and I had to improvize it all on stage. Kamikaze, baby!


Right after that, I had sessions of dancing shooting in video-clips where I shook my generous hips and booty between arab and egyptian singers of doubtful talent.

Better than this, it would be finding the shooting of my "dabke" performance on the famous "Samir Sabri" show. I must have been out of my head, REALLY! Or just up for the adventure itself (prefer to believe the second reason).


Me, dressed in traditional lebanese folk cloths with a sensuous touch that left most of my legs showing like a streap~teaser. On Egyptian National Television. Outch.


If someone finds that recording, please forward it to me. A generous monetary compensation will be offered for the tape and for your silence.


Thank you.


No comments: