Monday, January 16, 2012



You know MUSIC and DANCE are part of who YOU ARE when...


When I am at the Opera of Cairo searching for specific musicians and accept an invitation to listen and watch a rehearsal which theme is Farid El Atrash.


When I start to listen to the first tunes of an old song and tears roll out of my eyes with no control from my part.


When I am sitting on a chair, trying to focus on "my own business" but all I can FEEL is the MUSIC. Not outside of me but DEEP inside, moving, me, lifting me up, elevating my heart, body and soul to unexpected places of ABSOLUTE LOVE.


When I get drunk from this music and remain in this altered, sacred state where nothing and no one else exist except the ME turned into a human MUSICAL PIECE.

If anyone would touch me during this rehearsal, it would be like waking me up from the most perfect of ALL dreams.


You know when YOU are MUSIC and DANCE when no separation stands between YOU and them. When you loose your breath and grab yourself to the chair but imagine yourself / myself - dancing in the middle of that orchestra, as usual.

When you smile and cry at the same time, thinking to yourself: This is IT. This is ME.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting, beautiful artist :)

Joana Saahirah of Cairo said...

Dear Wail,
Your appreciation and presence are so precious to me.
Thanks.Always.
J.