Tuesday, December 4, 2012

London Workshops: what you can expect.

The workshops I am taking to London are totally different from each other (Mohamed Abdel Wahab and Nubian - folklore), unusual and and complementary to each other.
I confess: both of the themes are kicking my ass simply because I insist on learning, surprising myself and exceeding what I have done before - always, non stop, no break.

Mohamed Abdel Wahab´s workshop is all about the interesting clash between Classical and Modern Oriental music and dance and how we can learn the rules, use them wonderfully and then BREAK them - exactly at the point when EVOLUTION starts to happen.

I chose a music I had choreographed before and worked it - this time - from an unique perspective and approach. Redid the whole thing from scratch - like I never heard it or danced it before. Discovering amazing stuff on the way and practically ripping my hair off (damn maniac for "more than perfection" - excellence, I like to call It*).
Musicality, creativity, surprising turn of events-movements are on the menu - no escape from your own potential included.


The Nubian workshop is all about egyptian folklore colors and how much richer we can get - as dancers and even as human beings - by dominating different styles, particularly such a specific, relaxed, jazzy style such as Nubian. All my african influences on the table, my body´s memory working full time and a choreography that is supposed to FEEL like Nubia: warm, cool, fun, light and sunny. 
You will never dance Oriental the same way after you´ve done this worshop!
*
All infos at:
www.bellydance-trophies.com


No comments: