Tuesday, June 30, 2009








Cairo, the 2nd July, 2009

Poetry"

  • They say beauty is the eyes of the beholder. I say poetry is in the heart of the one who lives with his-her open eyes. Reality offers us material much more delicate, far more interesting, absurd and rich than fiction, if only we could be AWARE of the beauty around us. Poetry arrives from many sources other than books and the ones who can watch from their hearts reach worlds others perceive as common and dull. It's ALL in YOURSELF.
  • Here's what I watched this morning as I woke up and opened the windows of my bedroom balcony to let the sun and the early breeze in:

  • Sweetie - one of my cats - was enjoying the morning breeze on my balcony when one of the many birds that come to sing for her arrived and offered her a simphony so beautiful that would make Mozart blush...




Here's the singing bird of the day. It's not the first one that comes to sing for Sweetie. She had a faithful little bird who used to sing for her in a very romantic mood and watch her. Then I moved (this was in Manial, my last home before this one I line in now) and that bird lost its muse.


Both of my cats - Sweetie and Kenzi - listened to the bird's singing, kissed each other (sorry, I couldn't catch the kiss on camera...I'm not that good as a papparazi for these beauties!) and moved on in such a relaxed, lovely mood that you could sware they understood that bird was singing about love and in love...

1 comment:

Ana das Pontas said...

Ai, esses bichanos são a coisa mais fofa!!! =D

Bem-vinda ao Blogger, Joana! Assim fica mais fácil acompanhar a dua escrita! ;)

**