Tuesday, June 23, 2009

“How much did I miss being a teacher…”

Cairo, the 10th June, 2009

“How much did I miss being a teacher…”

*** First days of my Oriental Dance Summer Course in CSA! YESSSS!!!!

*** I almost forgot how wonderful it feels the dynamic of regular classes with a group you get to know deeper and deeper, observing howeach person shyly starts to grow out from her protective, insecure place and just flourishes into whom they really are through dance.

*** I was advised to postpone my Summer workshops in CSA to the new season starting after Ramadan because most foreigners choose this timeof the year to go on vacation and out from their countries meetingwith “back home” families and running away from the religiously charged time of Ramadan so I was informed no students would, probably,apply but they were wrong and I am happy for it.

*** What I´m enjoying the most:

* CSA itself is a place where you can relax and feel at home. It has an easy going vibe going for it and most people come to learn, share,take varied classes and meet expatriates (hate that word) from another countries with whom they can find so many common experiences and perspectives on life in Egypt.

* The group of students is varied – Spanish, Scottish, Irish,Lebanese-american, greek, English, Portuguese (that would be moi!) –and lots of fun. They are interested in the dance, joyful and willingto learn and discover new things through dance and that´s why I am there for…open up the secret treasures of Oriental Dance box go them!

*Remembering how much you learn, as a teacher. It´s common to hear that you learn as much as you teach and it´s true. You see the sameold movements from different perspectives and discover new ones.“Mistakes” can be turned into new movements and opportunities to know our own body better arise from the knowledge that there is no suchthing as a desirable PERFECTION.

• I am excited…really excited…
 The first level of the course will goon until the end of June so feel free to join us any time (Mondays andWednesdays, from 12.00h till 13.30h in CSA Maadi.

•*** For more infos and subscriptions, please email me:dancemagica@gmail.com or call me on my egyptianmobile: 002- 012 258 8817

No comments: