Tuesday, June 23, 2009

“New show (YES!!!) of Cairo with brand new orchestra and male dancers!!!)


Cairo, the 6th June, 2009

“New show (YES!!!) of Cairo with brand new orchestra and male dancers!!!)

*** When someone screws you or tries to harm you in some way, you can get pissed off him/her and shout or you can silently search for a wayto make the best out of it, taking it as an opportunity to jump outfrom a ship that is clearly sinking and will not lead you any where worth going…That´s exactly what I´ve learnt to do. I don´t get mad anymore atanyone or anything or even loose time with people or situations whichare not valuable enough for me to offer them my time and energy.I look at the big picture – many times, in the middle of the greatest storms – and draw the next steps to be taken in order to turn anapparent crisis into a major, unexpected victory. Enemies – all kindsof enemies – love to see you pissed off and loosing control. What they hate is to know that, from what it seemed to be your fall, you build a castle and now you can look at landscapes impossible to admire a while ago.When I feel so hurt that I could cry, I turn my potential tears intof eeling and soul put into my dance. When I am so outraged that I could yell and knock some heads off their shoulders, I keep that energy and apply it in singing – for my show, for my man, for my friends or mycats, even for myself. When feelings of betrayal and unjustice try toget hold of me, I transform them in creative energy to move ahead and take the steps I need to take in my life.Wasting energy on subjects or people who don´t deserve it is plain stupidity and I have learnt to just let it go and be happy…too many conquers to grab with your two hands, too many shows to present and love to share. Why waste time in hate and sorrow feelings which will bring you no more than that: hate and sorrow in double!?

*********************

*** I am living one of those periods when you know a challenge and a couple of risks are being offered to you as a rare opportunity to grow yourself towards the direction of your dreams. Taking the challenge and assuming there will be hard times and risks at stake and the willingness to face all that is what distinguishes a looser fromsomeone who doesn´t get stuck in his old, familiar, safe place… The confidence and faith to look forward an unknown route and launchmyself in a risky enterprise with no warranty is one of the featuresthat I have always been proud of in myself. I am a lot of things but coward is not one of them and I respect myself for that.

*** After three years – time has flown…- of constant work in Cairo with my band and still no help or wise advice from any part of the crazy town, I reached a “transition” point that I longed for a longtime. May God help me and protect me from all that may come with my new victory for I that there´s always a price to pay for a victory achieved.

*** I am proud to be presenting my new show with a big band and male dancers performing with me. So great to coreograph modern pieces and Saiidi with these boys which are only great dancers but joyful and wishing to do a great job by my side! Thank you, God! After so many terrible experiences I´ve lived this last year, having this anticipated birthday gift is all I needed to restart to believe thatthe “best is yet to come”!Weddings are arriving, finally and even with no connection of empresarios of any sort and a brand new contract to fill me with that almost dead flame you carry when you are excited and know there´s ahuge step being taken in your life.

*** What can I say?! Thanks God and…really…I deserve all these blessings from a long time. After so much hard work, persistence,mental and physical resistance towards all the headaches and shocks Iwas vulnerable to, having a break and a chance to grow in my career is the best gift I could wish for.

No comments: