Tuesday, September 1, 2009


Cairo, the 31st August, 2009


"Shopping and shows...working, working, working..."


I just don't stop!

Sometimes, I wonder from where I get so much energy to do so many things and always pushing myself further, often too much...


Shopping in the morning in the Hussein. Pure hell. So much traffic and people that I could hardly walk a few centimeters in the narrow streets of the Medieval market.
People, people, people!

Buying more materials for my first dance dresses collection (YES! I am designing my own dresses and preparing a first collection to sell so...pay attention to the BIG NEWS!).

Also received lots of reproaches and dirty looks due to my clothing (training suit!!!). What should I wear not to shock people during Ramadan?! Again, I feel tempted to go for a large potatoe bag but even that would arise men's (should I say animals?!) uncontrolled libido?!

I loose my patience. Feel like saying " F....... them!"

Should I be forced to walk covered and veiled in the streets in order not to be bothered?!WHERE IS FREEDOM?!
A bit of a flu attacking me and turning my daily shows even more challenging..."the show must go on", though. Artists don't know weaknesses when there's a stage to turn alive.
Trying to take care of it and, at the same time, not giving it too much importance. Tomorrow I will wake up much better!
Still thinking about the incredible reactions to my BLOG entries and how much it all excites me. I LOVE a GOOD CHALLENGE, dear friends!
If there's something I never was that is a COWARD. Everything I do is surrounded in a certain polemic because I say and act upon what I think and truly feel. I don't lick boots or try to please the ones who can bring me benefits. I'm transparent and way too strong for a woman (according to male's vision around here).
Living and working in the Middle East has strenghtened that feature in me as I faced so many hard situations - mainly with men in my business - and I was always brave and strong enough to dignify myself as a woman and defend my profession as all dancers should do.
I have never let my dignity be harmed or the word "DANCER" be treated with less respect.
And I am damn proud of myself, I must say so.
I am not an hypocrite, a coward or a "crowd" pleaser par excellence.
I do MY THING, always. On stage, in my writting, in my teaching, in my personal life. This is who I am, take it or leave it.
I have been punished and appreciated for being honest and straightforward and I have no plans to change that in me. Honesty and courage to say what we truly think and feel should be celebrated and not condemned.
Still thanking everybody for the heated discussions your comments are arising and for all those comments which also make me think further and put myself to the test!
Thanks to all my followers (the ones who agree and the ones who disagree with me).

No comments: