Friday, September 18, 2009

Lisbon, the 18th September, 2009

"Bits of victories Plus Chocolat"
Thanks to Tuxa and the sweet photos she just sent me. Bits of victories, daily victories in the city of all my laughs, pains, achievements and miracles: Cairo!


It feels great not to wear make-up for a while and being able to walk by during all day in not much more than a simple pair of shorts.


Rain has visited us today but that didn´t pull me away from my incredible, "freedom lover" mood. Now I start to really understand why egyptians and arabs as well tend to act so radically different when they step into foreign lands...


I am tired of the harassment and the repression.That might be the worst thing about living in Egypt!
Also related to the theme, here I am reminding you all to watch the movie "Chocolat" with Juliette Binoche and Johny Depp. I have seen the movie before but bought the Dvd and gave it a second look. It was like the perfect ending to my own personal "Ramadan" (the official date for Ramadan end is on the 20th September).
Chocolate and its luxurious family members as opposed to repression, both mental and religious.
Enjoying life´s pleasures was never an excuse, as far as I´m concerned, to be less than a decent person. Pleasure and "being good" are not opposed concepts, according to my own life experience.
So why so many people keep trying to put the "devil stamp" on some of the best things in life?!

When the SENSES are seen as our enemies and PLEASURE is also seen as a DEVIL THING, we´re refusing to accept human beings fullness and rejecting an essential part of our nature that cannot be rejected, erased or suppressed (although many religions, politics and ignorance have always tried it!). Enjoying my senses and having great pleasure in life (food, work, friendship, dance, making love, making love, making love :))) all the goodies in this life) was never a contradiction towards my mind, my spirit or my ability to be a good human being.

Quite the opposite. If I am a fully satisfied person - both phisically as mentally - and have enjoyed all life´s pleasures in a natural, healthy way, I will not be obesessed with anything and I will surely supply others with equal pleasure.

After "Ramadan" and all the concepts that still forbid human beings from enjoying themselves, all I can suggest is: Watch "Chocolat" with the best company (kisses and ALL included!:) and BE HAPPY! Life´s too short for sadness and false moralism!
There is a scene in the movie that clearly reminded me of Egypt and the whole repression theme:
The city´s Mayor - the greatest opponent to the "chocolaterie" and all human´s pleasures - breaks into the chocolate shop to destroy it and ends up splurging between the choco goodies, eating, eating, eating until he passed out from the delirious, unexpected banquet.
He had been fasting because of the Easter time and, finally, he couldn´t escape his own human nature and ate along all the chocolate he had feared and condemned so strongly.
Someone who is free to taste and enjoy all kinds of "chocolates" will not search for it everywhere or over indulge himself like a maniac when a slight opportunity arrives.
What ifd repression and hipocrisy were to give place to freedom and joy for life with all its colours?! If only we could...

No comments: