Saturday, April 10, 2010



Cairo, the 10th April, 2010



India - bringing closure to the subject (?!)


The truth is I cannot bring closure into my last India treap neither did I have the time, as I hoped for, to write some full articles about so many subjects I found interesting during this amazing journey.

I often say the true treaps are the ones which manage to change you from the inside out, as a person, as an evolving Soul in this crazy world.
Landscapes, monuments, even people will not represent a treap if that means you leave that certain country in the same way you arrived to it.

So, according to that, India was the definition of a TREAP.

I left richer, fuller of Light and more aware of ALL I want and ALL I do not want in my life.
With no exaggeration, this was a reborn process I did not see coming!

It's not that I intended to find my own ashram or guru and solve all the eternal questions of life.

It's not like I went to India expecting for answers and for Light.
I've learnt, so far, that there are no such things as Gurus or Masters.
You and the way you react and intelligently learn and upgrade your consciousness through Life's experiences define your growth. Nothing more than that.
The REALLY important things cannot be taught by other people and no one can save us from ourselves.
The REAL learning is made one-on-one, from within and only between yourself - as your ego, personality - and your Higher Self - your Soul.

The whole treap could be summoned, for me, in one word:
GANGA (Ganges river).


In the Sacred town of Haridwar, I did my very own ritual bath Hindus perform there every 12 years (in a famous peregrination called Kumb Melah).
I joined the crowds and followed my instinct, as always.
This early morning bath in the freezing waters from the Ganga river (freshly navigated from the Himalayas stuck to Haridwar and Rishikesh) represented the highest point of my treap.


Make no mistake. This was a simple episode with no fanfare or photos to go with it.
Hindus believe that Ganga river waters are sacred and Haridwar is one of the 4 places in India considered particularly holy (check Hindu mythology and religion, it's a colourful, human oriented blast!).


Medicinal and magical proprieties, they say. The Divine hand in it, they say.
All I will ever know is what I feel and I actually felt as a new person (a Lighter one, at the least) after dipping myself into the waters of this wonderful river.
I ran away from the crowds, as usual.I watched in awe the peregrination rituals and thousands of hindus offering their sets of flowers, fire and incense to the Ganga river. The night of the peregrination went on to become a rainy one,to the point that all the wounds of the Earth seemed to be washed away.
I woke up early in the next morning and smelled the wet sand under my feet.
Me and my friend took a rikshow ( a bicycle with a seat on the back rode by skinny legged men who made you feel guilty ) to the holy city of Haridwar.
We saw a couple of sadduhs (men who have renunciated to material life and all its pleasures and travel in eternal non-attached peregrination full naked and covered in ashes).

We also saw the early morning ablutions of hindus, the first breakfasts stirring in the fire, the freshly made chai with lots of milk and spices, the early smiles of the - somewhat - stiff indian people.


I had a bag with spare cloths aside.
I grabbed myself to the iron chains danggling from the river's walls and went down into the water really hard a couple of times, washing away so much of what was weighing on me.
I coulnd't breath properly the first time due to the freezing waters falling directly and so closely from the Himalayas. All my body was in shock, I guess.
The other times I went deep down into the river, I could only feel the pressure and strenght of the current and all it seemed to take away with it.

Overwhelming feeling of erasing and cleaning all it needs to be cleaned from your guts till your soul.
I went out from the water as another person.
I could breath better, all the muscular pains I had been carrying from my Cairo overloaded schedule washed away by some magical hand I could not explain, only feel.
FEELING. PURE PEACE.

By the time I went out from the water, there was already a considerable amount of voyeurs photographing me and filming me with full attention as well as standing by audiences I tried to ignore.

This was a moment for myself, extremely intimate and yet I still had audience for it (how ironic is that for a performer like me!?).
I couldn't blame the people watching me, you know...I was a voyeur the whole treap and a nosey observer myself so I coulnd't really get mad at others for finding me exotic as I found them.
Being assisted by my friend, I exhanged the wet clothes by the new ones, looked at the early morning sun and breathed deeply and smoothly as I didn't do for a long time.


This was, without a doubt, the highest point of an incredible, life changing journey.

No comments: