Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Cairo, the 12th April, 2010


What you'll not find in the touristic guides - India!

Since my return from India, the country itself has been a recurrent theme in my blogs.

It's such a cliche but the truth is this kind of treap can change you for life, even when you're not looking for it.

I've already said it:
I went to India dragged by one of my best friends - who happens to be indian - and had no idea of what I would find (I saw the program of the treap, for the first time, when we got to Bombaim!).


Yeah, this might sound crazy to lots of people...travelling without caring exactly where I'm going or what I'll be doing but there were a few hints that were quite enough for me to decide to take on this adventure:

1. I was going with a great, true friend.

2. I really needed to get away from my usual world (although exchanging the caos of Cairo for the caos of Bombaim and New Dehli is not the smartest of the moves, I must admit).
The wise thing to do would be heading to a sunny, peaceful place where I could have silence, space, peace and emptiness. Some place like Maldivas, Brazil, any beach paradise would do...
Instead, I went to India (more caos, craziness, pollution in the big cities, some silence and then some more noise, lots of people everywhere and not much individual space to move around but...for sure, PEACE).

3. I often find the most significant decisions of my life are done by intuition and this was one of them.



So...how was it arriving to Portugal after so much hard work in Egypt?
How was it to spend just a day with my family and travel to Bombaim with no idea of what was coming?


These are not rhetoric questions so here's my answers:

Arriving to Portugal after so much work in Egypt felt great, as usual!

Having dinner with my family, closest friends and neighbours, shopping with my mum in our local grocery and walking the dogs at sunset...hmmm...these simple, precious things fill me up to the soul!

Spending just one day with my family was harsh but they understood, as they always do, my gipsy soul and wished me a good journey (although my mum was sure I would hate India!). She was, surprisingly, wrong.

So the journey starts in Bombaim and here are some short flash back notes (no time for further descriptions, sorry folks!) that you'll not find in any of the best Lonely Planet touristic guides.

No comments: