Saturday, April 17, 2010


Cairo, the 17th April, 2010

CLOSING GALA SHOW
at AHLAN WA SAHLAN FESTIVAL
- 30TH JUNE!


O.k, I had to take a deep breath and re-compose myself in order to deliver the NEWS the right way and clear:

I was honoured to receive the invitation to perform at the Closing Gala of Ahlan Wa Sahlan Festival created and directed by Md. Raqia Hassan, the big responsible for the massive divulgation of Oriental Dance in the world.

Having earned this invitation is a Victory in itself. It's a trophy that actually tastes like heaven, leaving me nervous - from now on - due to the pressure to do my BEST. With God's help, as usual, all will be better than fine...just fine...

Receiving this sign of appreciation and faith in my work by one of the best teachers/choreographers in the world (and, certainly, the smartest talent spotting lady in the Universe of Oriental Dance!)means a LOT to me.
I often feel exhausted and wonder if all I've been through has been worth it and then there are moments like this when I see that YES, it has been worth it BIG TIME and YES, your dreams can come true if you work hard for them, if you persist against all adversities and if you're willing to pay the price for it.

Right now, I just feel blessed. Within a few days, when all the dust falls back to the ground, I will start going crazy thinking about the bombastic show I must prepare.

I am already asking all my Muses to come and visit me...Magic will happen!

Check the website: www.raqiahassan.net

No comments: