Thursday, June 9, 2011










































Deeper and deeper...


Writing my own book about Oriental Dance and my journey in Egypt has been a memory lane trip.I had been too busy and afraid to do it. There is so much of my own blood and sweat spread all over my history in Egypt and we re still on the way. This journey is not yet finished, bot even close to it but I can see a door closing when the end of a chapter arrives.

As a change lover myself, I welcome death and new life. Always.And writing this book is all about letting the past die - past from which I grew soooooo much - and allowing a NEW BEGGINING to start with a fresh approach to DANCE, MUSIC, CREATION and LIFE as they are all connected.


It all seems so distant and present, at the same time. I am talking about the past 6 years of my life. For normal human standards, this is not an eternity but for me - living fast as I do! - it feels like 200 years worth of experiences, learning, laughter, fights - oh so many...- tears, injustices, romances, love lost and love found and just...life, life LIFE!

These images reflect different times, places and episodes of my journey in Egypt. They do not reflect who I am anymore, though...so much water has passed under my bridge and I am a fast learner who usually surpasses her own teacher so here am I looking inside myself, backwards and forward, ready and joyful to close this incredible chapter in the form of a book with all my insides in it.

Putting myself on the line, vulnerable and all in it...is there any other way to do IT?!
I often wonder "Should I expose myself so much when everybody else seems to protect themselves so well and get away with it just fine?! Why do I insist on being ALL or NOTHING?"

Then I whisper, yes...they can be whatever they want to be. Everybody is free to eat half or only a quarter of the apple but I know I cannot do it unless I expose all of me. And, if that means, being naked outside in the rain, then be it! Everybody is naked. Everybody is under the rain, even if they don t know it.






























And I am "singing in the rain, singing in the rain...what a glorious feeling...I am happy again..." (thanks Gene Kelly!)

No comments: