Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How wonderful to sit by the Nile with a friend which has nothing to do with the typical mafia of Cairo...Oh, Lord...how much do I crave some purity of intentions, some REAL feeling with no hidden agendas, some TRUE love and friendship with no second intentions, some PASSION of those who do not kill us but ADD LIFE to our lives...

It was a marvellous afternoon by the river Nile and, curiously enough, there wasn t some of the usual clear sexual harassment, none of the staring I never got really used to, no one trying to fool anyone or searching for an opportunity to take away what s not theirs.

A warm, lovely afternoon by the Nile with a loving face that speaks of simple pleasures and treasures. No talk about work, the dance dirty corridors of Cairo or the ones who try to cut my legs so that I won t succeed and share my talent with anyone...no talk of sadness or trials.
Just a peaceful smile from a friend which presence makes it all "good" and bearable.

As we watched the sun go down and the fellucas pass by us, I realized that moments like these are the ones who REALLY feed my soul, much more than the external victories and the pathway (often dark) to material success.

We sang silly songs, we laughed A LOT, we played with children that were around and I had a cat on my lap. We had egyptian food for lunch and an exaggerated sweeted tea in the end of the day. It was all so simple and, may I say, wonderful.
Not exotic or brilliant. Yet WONDERFUL.

Not even the Nile impressed me. It was just the presence of TRUTH and JOY that made my day.
Nothing to write on my book of achievements but...WONDERFUL.

And what else could a girl ask for?

No comments: