Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pleasures: teaching dancers from all over the World!

What others perceive of me - as a person or as an artist- rarely matches with reality. 
Many presume Success is on the marketing machine (backed up by true talent or not) that names someone a "star"; others get blind by the glitter of dresses, make-up and superficial perks that come with Success  while what I truly call SUCCESS is hidden in the realm of the Invisible.

Between many of those - true - pleasures, I pinpoint the privilege of TEACHING TALENTED DANCERS from all over the world. 
Lately I´ve been receiving an incredible lot of professional dancers (some of them already own their schools and have a name in this business) at my home - in Cairo - for private lessons that thrill me as much as they thrill them. Each one brings me a new - unique- inspiration and takes different diamonds from inside me; each one shows me how much ART can be made out of a dance which has been the Demon´s daughter for much too long.

What a PLEASURE (!) to see how much talent there is in the world; dancers from England, Russia, Brazil, you name it...they enter my home in one stage and leave it several degrees above it  and with a totally new vision, feeling and consciousness about Oriental Dance (*and about themselves).
 Then there´s the bonus of giving me the JOY of seeing how much ORIENTAL DANCE can grow - artistically speaking - if the MASTERS do their job right and guide their students properly. 

Talent needs guidance and a teacher who INSPIRES each artist to discover his/her best; it´s not only a matter of repeating steps and empty movements. DANCE is much MORE than that: technique, sensibility to LIFE, warmth, emotional vulnerability, body and soul expression, Listening* and many other etcs that build up an ARTIST.
LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

Being part of the BLOOMING of dancers who have enough jewels to fill the wagon of 
MODERN ORIENTAL DANCE (better said: ETERNAL ORIENTAL DANCE) is  pure HAPPINESS for me. 

No comments: