Saturday, January 2, 2010








Cairo, the 1st January, 2010

“New Year’s Eve – endless! – Night!”

Wow…this was the best New Year’s Eve ever!!!
When the midnight tic-tac rang in Cairo, all the lights went out and I could sing and laugh with my orchestra and dancers while watching the whole city in excitement and joy!
The strongest memory I will keep from this night was the sense of union between me and my orchestra and dancers PLUS my mouth hurting me until today due to an intensive laughing session that only stopped when I returned home around 5 o’clock in the morning.

The energy of the night was so amazing that some tears fell down my face. Tears of happiness for all reasons and no specific reason. This was a hard year but also the YEAR that built the pillars of my core personality. I thank God for it.
We made pictures together, photographs (hope to recover some from my dancer’s mobiles) and incredible shows at the “NILE MAXIM” and then at a private party where I hardly danced because people were already going overboard crazy so…I ended up plainly jumping along with them and getting paied for it too!

My dancing was, more than anything else, full of SOUL and THANKSGIVING for the year’s achievements and for the already upcoming blessings.
I could hear all the instruments very clearly, despite the noise around me, and had a moment of immense clarity when I thought:
“My dream is coming TRUE! This is REALLY happening.”


NOTE FOR THE SOUL:

Step by step, the top of the mountain that seemed so distant and unreachable is finally conquered.
When I was in Portugal, I was caught off guard by a tempest that burst in the middle of my full hour running with the dogs. One of the neighbours noticed I was running under the heavy rain and offered for me to protect myself from the rain until it stopped.
I said NO and thanked him. No rain, tempest or hurricane would stop me from concluding my running with the dogs ritual/meditation. I am stronger than that, I though to myself.
Yes, it would be more comfortable and easy to be inside of a warm home instead of running like crazy under the heavy rain but , after all, I never craved the easy and the obvious.
Somehow, this kind of resilience is what’s defining my journey in this life.
When confronted with a tempest, move towards your goal and believe you’re strong enough to reach the top of the mountain.
I know I It cause I am doing it.

No comments: