Saturday, January 2, 2010














Cairo, the 30th December, 2009

"Love is everywhere"

In a world that seems to have gone crazy and so materialistic, I tend to treasure the rare signs of LOVE more than ever.







As I run in the treadmill at the gym, I overhear some egyptian girls commenting on the gifts they expect from their "fiancees".







"Otherwise, I will cancel the engagement!" - They all say in agreement.







I cannot stop myself from thinking: Or I am a HUGE fool who's never asked a man for anything more and love and respect or these girls have it all wrong because all I seem to hear from egyptian women (and some foreigners too, although not in such a great extent) is the gold, car, flat and so on they expect to receive as a proof of love and condition for a commitment with a man.







In my head, I ask in silence: "Do this people know the meaning of LOVE? Have they ever felt it?!"







Most of the time, I feel I am living inside of a freak show. I just don't get people's mentality over here. My fault, maybe. Considering - always - that I am the one who's mistaken and living in a fantasy world that only exists in my head and yet there are wonderful, simple moments that reconnect me with a deep truth ( or fantasy?!) I never want to forget:







REAL LOVE IS EVERYWHERE. You just have to look around.







Knowing, by now, that LOVE - as opposite to FEAR - is the basic emotion that moves everything that is WORTH in this life, I look around me every day just to discover small and huge loving gestures/moments that leave me breathless.







1.Here they are, in down town Cairo, two cats were kissing each other like lovers inside of a helmet hanging from a motorbike.

























2.Me, dancing. The photo says it all.





































3.A thanksgiving ritual to the Gods. Every time we say "Thank You" to the Universe, we act upon LOVE (also a small preview on my upcoming magestic treap to India!).







No comments: