Monday, January 4, 2010



Cairo, the 3rd January, 2010

"Revolutions and readings"

Lately, I had no time to even sleep so my readings got really compromised but at the beginning of 2010 I am starting to catch up with some great books.
Because time is less and less available for me, I choose my books - my everything! - much better. Here are two great gems you want to get a piece of for yourself:

1. "The Golden Notebook" from Literature Nobel Prize winner Doris Lessing

This was a discovery for me and I am savouring it with water in my mouth. What can I say? Just READ IT. This is REALLY GOOD stuff as far as Literature goes.


2. "Dance is my life" by my dearest friend Mahmoud Reda (father of the "Egyptian Folclore ART") and Farida Fahmy ( a great artist herself and a bright mind who knows a LOT about dancing and the internal battles of dancers).
The story of Mahmoud Reda's path in life and dance told by pictures and words.
Limited edition by the Alexandrian Library. I got my own sweetly autographed copy as a gift from Mahmoud Reda but you can also get it through the Library's official website.

REVOLUTIONS...
I will not comment a LOT on this one cause it's a process in the making. Can I just add: Why my life is never EVER dull, not even for a second??? Always surprises - good and bad - sudden changes, ruptures and new passions. Every day is an enigma I already quit to decipher. Oh, God!
Can't wait to grow up and also wish for a little bit of peace. Can these come together?! Hoping so...

1 comment:

Zara (M.A.Mantuano) said...

...about books....I have to thank you.....
because I owned, for a long time, a book by the great Osho and I never read it...
"meditation" is the title...
I just thought that it was a heavy book!! Maybe because of his beard!!

But, in one of your posts, you mentioned him and how you were very grateful to him....
As I esteem you a lot I wanded to discover what great was in this man and I started to read my old book....You would'nt belive me...my life is changed...a feel a strenght and an happiness inside me that make my life much better and whenever I realize my new feeling I remind of how the source works in your successful life....

Thak you and many whishes for a grat new year for you in Cairo an for you interior life!!

Zara Maria

P.S
Please forgive my English!!!!!!