Monday, February 28, 2011


Cairo, the 1st March, 2011


Taking my first glimpses of a Post-Revolutionary Egypt


There has been only a day since I returned to Egypt but the change is palpable in everything that surrounds me.

Work is still blocked as there is still a 12.00 p.m. curfew time to follow, practically no tourists around and no egyptians in the mood for dance, governmental jobs are working on a 50%

rate basis and excitement is mixed with uncertainty. Sweet and sour, as in a good chinese food plate.

I also heard there are still demonstrations on the famous Tahrir Square but didn t have the chance to pass by it until now.

Patriotic messages everywhere and a new sense of pride that makes me smile. If this pride is followed by the humbleness and wise sense of KNOWING what to do next, then Egypt will surely be an amazing country to watch flourish in the next few year.

Which role will I have in all this fascinating -and scary, I must admit! - time, well...I still don t know but they don t call me warrior for nothing!

No comments: