Thursday, February 10, 2011



Portugal, the 10th February, 2011


Waiting.


A daughter of the Sun. This is, essencially, who I am.

Knowing this, how can I stand all this waiting, not knowing what will happen to my beloved Egypt and what I will find as soon as I land in Cairo by the end of this month?!


The "waiting" and uncertainty is the worst part of it all.
President Hosny Mubarak insists on staying in power until September elections and protesters insist on his total disappearance from egyptian political scene.
Life is getting back to "normal" - if that will ever be possible again - in a terribly slow pace and we all fear for our futures.
Hope this REVOLUTION will bring BETTER LIVES for everyone and compensate for the incredible losses - human, economical, etc - Egypt has already suffered during this process.
Wish to sit in a baladi coffee-shop and have a over-sweetened tea with the men. While they smoke their shisha and stare at me, I practice the exercise of dettachment (of reality), tolerance and miraculous ability of BEING in the NOW and actually ENJOYING it without wishing to change it.
Not even for a millimeter.
Hard times can teach you the BIGGER LESSONS.

No comments: