Friday, February 4, 2011



Lisbon (Portugal), the 4th February, 2011
Nightmare...
This all seems like a bad dream that stubbornly wants to go on and on...
I have not written in my blogs for some time because of the internet cut in Egypt (recently reestablished, thanks GOD) and due to the political situation in Egypt.
It all happened so fast and in such a hard way that I still feel it´s not "really happening".
It feels like a nightmare that I HOPE will finish very soon.
I have some umpublished texts I wrote while in Cairo during the last few days and they will be shown to you in this blog very soon.
Last news:
I returned to Portugal on a sudden treap organized by our own Air Force Army two days ago. My family was imploring me to return for obvious safety reasons.
I also thought that, being in Egypt right now as a foreign (without the same demonstration rights as my fellow egyptians) would not help me or anyone.
I ended up being stuck at home - in what it felt like domiciliary prison - not producing anything and not being useful to Egypt at all.
As soon as I returned, the portuguese press approached me - as I knew they would - to openly speak about what´s going on from the perspective of someone who lives and works in Egypt, with and for egyptians for 5 years now. That person was me.
It has been my honour to clarify on National Television that EGYPTIAN PEOPLE are just trying to have a better life for their country in all the ways they deserve and that all these trouble makers who are creating chaos in our country DO NOT REPRESENT THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE.
Being FREE should be an innate state but it´s surely not. I´ve learnt, so far, that FREEDOM in this cruel, ambitious world of men is a VALUE that has to be conquered, very often conquered with our own lives.
I´ve also spoken to newspapers and radios here in Portugal and my time and energy is totally dedicated to do as much as I can to return rapidly to a HAPPY and SAFE Egypt.
I´ve also tried to organize a massive prayer in the biggest Mosque of Portugal uniting people of all religions praying for Egypt but I faced a hard wall of fear, diplomatic concerns and burocracy. I didn´t give up, though...
I have my nuclear family and friends in Portugal but everything else is in egyptian ground:
1. My heart.
2. My own property (the only home I own). All my precious dance dresses and objects I possess are there as well as all my values.
3. My work and career built in 5 years of the hardest work you can imagine.
4. The man I love and a group of friends and connections that enriched my life in so many ways.
5. My Destiny.
So...it´s clear how much I have to return to in Egypt!
Today will be an extremely important day for our EGYPT. I am hoping for the best and I have incredible FAITH in God and in ALL He is already doing for Egypt.

No comments: