Friday, August 5, 2011




And that s the thing about dreams most of us don t know about or refuse to see: their "coming true" moment don t just happen in an instant of good luck and they never come without lots of bumps in the road, deep valleys of fear and insecurity and set backs.


I ve had an whole bunch of them and they re making incredible material for the writing - challenging, much more than I would imagine! - of my own book.



Being bitten by the insecurity bug: "Am I good enough to write a book? Will anyone find interest in what I am writing? Who am to assume I can be a writer? I am a dancer, not a writer..." and the list of insecurity catchy phrases just doesn t stop.


Every dream carries its load of insecurities, doubts, external and internal fights. Doesn t it?


It s the way we face them and shut them up that defines the QUALITY of dreamer we are: simply part of the day dreaming crowd who loves to look back and say "I wish I had tried and did this and that" or the rare type of DREAMERS who don t give up when faced with the major rocks that always show up on the way up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna read it !!! Maria Aya ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Joana!
Im excited about Your book, to read and to fully plunge into Your perception of dance!

Hugs from Estonia
KAIDI