Tuesday, August 2, 2011







"Love is a risk.





Do it anyway."






To the risk of being taken as an arrogant snob, I say it: this is not for everyone.




Only brave people can LOVE, take the risks that are attached to it and pay the price for it. Not for a mouse, only for a lion.






Taking mice and lions as a hint, here it is my RAMADAN KAREM to everyone. I don t mean only muslims but everyone who believes that it is possible to clean our hearts and souls from dark stuff and replace it with LOVE, FORGIVENESS, KINDNESS and COURAGE.





I am not a muslim. Actually, I may be one. As much as I am a christian, and a sikh, a jew and an hindu. I am also agnostic and all other religious identities human beings could create.


I am a believer in the core of all of them, not in the stupidity mixed in the middle of it all.


I am a believer in LOVE. This is my RELIGION.


I am also a believer in Truth, in the ART of being honest with yourself and other people.


I believe in not hurting others or lying to them. I believe in holding a friend in my arms when he/she needs me. I also believe in passion, all kinds of passion, which bring LIGHT into our lives.


I believe in NEVER selling your soul to the devil or step on other people in order to get what you want.


I believe in respecting everyone s freedom to choose for themselves, even if they choose their own destruction.


I believe in animals and children, more than in adults.


And I believe that HUMAN BEINGS are also animals in evolution and that Ramadan - as any other special time we can create - can serve to make a clean state on our minds, bodies and hearts.




I don t believe in mosques or churches. I believe the only TEMPLE of worship there is exists in our heart and consciousness. Those are the only places where a true prayer can happen.


I believe this Ramadan can be filled with these happy heartfelt prayers and


I believe in HUMAN ORIGINAL KINDNESS...


In truth, I am all religions and none because I try not to lose sight of what REALLY matters: your own consciousness being God.

Not doing to others what you wish they would not do to you.





Seems pretty simple, right?

If only it was!

If only Ramadan was more than fasting and feasting! Oh, I am a dreamer indeed...


Wishing an INTELLIGENT and HONEST Ramadan time for everyone and, in particular, to my beloved EGYPT which is in the verge of deep transformations and a road being opened towards PROSPERITY, JUSTICE and PEACE.



With all my love for Egypt, with all my love for friends, enemies, loved ones and strangers...wish you all the happiest, most constructive RAMADAN ever!

No comments: