Friday, August 12, 2011






Of surrendering and other talents...




I've been receiving some very talented and wonderful dancers from all over the world who come to take classes with me.

Sure I do not mention them for questions of privacy. They will mention our classes, if they feel inclined to do so but my job is to give them my best and respect their privacy.



So, no names exposed but I allow myself to answer to a recurrent comment I ve been hearing from these great women who are coming from all corners of the planet to learn with me.




All of them seem to face as something extraordinary the fact that I give myself in TOTALITY when I dance. Here some of the stuff I heard from them:


"You abandon yourself totally to the music. Everything disappears and you surrender yourself completely...like you re falling in love while you dance and you give all to it. It s so beautiful!"




Wow! I took notice of these kind comments when they started to be repeated by different people within a short space of time and then I feel like answering that there is no other way to DANCE, for me...it is as I ve mentioned quite often: Dancing is like making love with the man of your dreams. Dancing is flying and running at the speed of hyenas at the same time without leaving the floor.


The way we dance is a metaphor which explains who we are and how we live. If I deliver myself TOTALLY into the arms of the man I love, then this is how I dance.


If I let myself be amazed by the beauty and surprises of this crazy life, then this will be the way I dance.


If I feel a deep pleasure in all the good things of life, then this will be the way I dance.


If I am always grateful for the air going into my body and for the LIFE pulsating inside me, then this will be the way I dance.




There s no mystery, really...I ABANDON myself 100% do everything and everyone I love. DANCE included. BIG TIME!

3 comments:

Lilia said...

Beautiful words! As expressive as your dance, Joana! Before reading them, I thought approximately the same (but not so perfectly expressed)during watching your dancing. Apparently, you surrender yourself.

Lilia said...

Very useful source!

Joana Saahirah of Cairo said...

Thank you, dear Lilia.
Usually, my thoughts, feelings, actions, dance and words coincide with each other. It is called honesty. I say what I feel, I dance what I feel, I write what I feel. I LIVE according to my feeling. All are connected and all reflect each other.
So glad you enjoyed it.
J.