Monday, June 10, 2013

Creativity is everywhere (London souvenirs)



 
Me, bathing under the unexpected London sun*

On the very few occasions I could breath (in these last days in London), all I could see everywhere I went was CREATIVITY and TALENT (two things I cherish above almost everything else in life).
It was not just the Musicals and the Theatres (which leave me breathless) but the bubbling creativity on the streets of the city, on tube stations, on gardens and totally unsuspected corners.

A guy playing trombone (perfect, mystical, multi-layered and rich trombone playing) with a plastic traffic cone (so perfectly that, before seeing him, I though I was listening to Louis Armstrong...); acrobats at Covent Garden and those "statue men" who hold their own breath in the strangest - and most interesting - positions; painters and sculptors in the subway; ART mixed (or simply revealed) into LIFE and LIFE - surely - REVEALED into ART: what a blissful mess!

A country which knows the connection between ART and POLITICS is alive; a country which knows that creativity in Dance, Theatre, etc, is exactly the same as the creativity applied to social issues and economical boosting business is alive.
A country which supports its ARTISTS is a country alive in the rare manner that unites street smart with wisdom. Impossible to have a poor cultured country with a thriving political, social, economical life - ALL is connected.

Got so many food for thought and for the soul in London. Damn: I LOVE that city!



TALENT: that diaphanous quality that makes me feel ALIVE, on FIRE and on the verge of exploding into a million tear drop ocean.

No comments: