Monday, June 10, 2013

Treasures found: Mondays with Merce



You cannot be an ARTIST if you´re not curious and a rebel in your nature. Learn the rules (better and deeper than anyone you know) so that you can BREAK THEM (greatly), I so often say to the Dancers who study with me.
My task - as a teacher - is to help you REMEMBER who you are and give you all the tools you need to fly on your own (as distant from being a clone of me as close to BEING your FULL self). Yes: that´s my job. It´s certainly not a marketing oriented strategy - that has never been my "thing", anyway.
But it´s a conviction that comes out of my most cherishe integrity and pride in my profession, dream, mission and VISION of Oriental Dance.

Here´s a TREASURE* I found that only confirms everything I stand for and do. Enjoy the Magic*.

No comments: