Saturday, October 3, 2009


Beirut, the 3rd October, 2009

"Passing by Beirut...war on the air and almost returning to Cairo"

Show in Beirut. Quick visit to the city I knew four years ago when I performed here and had the first contact with the contrasts that make Lebanon such a special, disturbing place.

The image of bullet and bomb marks on walls will never disappear from my mind. It's too strong and cruel for me. Way too near to allow me to stay indifferent (none of us should be!).

I'm nervous. My musicians are not with me for more than 10 days and we will perform with no rehearsal or even small talk. I hope there are no mistakes in the music (it makes me crazy) and all of us feel inspired. Inshah Allah!
I miss them.

Feeling kind of lonely, even with so much people around me. Ironic, like most important things in life.

Returning to Cairo tomorrow. Anxious for it.
Beirut, here I am.
Wish I could escape after the show...:) walking around downtown Beirut. Dreaming over here.
As always.

No comments: