Saturday, October 24, 2009


Cairo, the 25th October, 2009


"Morning shows, sunset shows, night shows..."


Lately I´ve been catching all kinds of environments and audiences.

Besides the famous Evil Eye phenomenon and all my broken shoes due to it (so it seems) and my constant struggle and hurry (why am I in such a hurry, anyway?!) to find a better, stronger version of myself on stage I am also dealing with my feared foreigner audiences and dancing all day/night round the clock. Thanks God.


Today I caught foreigners during the whole day and tomorrow, hopefully, lots but LOTS of egyptians and arabs to warm me up as I like.

A couple of americans stoped by me to tell me they appreciated..."my dresses"!

Aaahhhhhh.....my dresses?! I am dancing for you at 12.00h in the morning after another previous tiring night of shows and I´m giving my best shot for you to appreciate "my dresses"?!

Now you can understand why I am so fond of egyptian audiences. It´s not just that they do KNOW how to differentiate a good from a bad dancer but they would never tell me they appreciate "my dresses"!!!


I guess I am becoming too demanding with myself. What becomes easy starts to feel boring to me and so I presume it also feels the same way to my audiences.

I am running, running but cannot yet define to which destiny.

I hope for the Best and have faith in God and all He has kept for me.


No comments: