Saturday, May 7, 2011








As soon as I arrived to Cairo, I threw myself into a hot Salsa night during which I may have stopped dancing for 5 minutes all together. So many wonderful partners to dance with, so much "calor" and "sabor" that you would think you re not in Cairo but in Havana, Cuba!


After Salsa, Tango followed and my usual work in Oriental being fed, inspired and reinvented by these exciting other dances.

Rediscovering the pleasure of dancing with a partner (when I am always on the SOLO work) is something I now realize that was missing from my life and it actually improves my work when I dance solo on Oriental Dance.

Listening to your partner and letting him do some decisions on the dance steps, pauses and combinations is refreshing (although hard for a leader like me) and inspiring.

Most of all, exercizes the ability to just LET MYSELF GO and be amused, seduced, excited by someone else other than myself (which is what happens when I perform solo).


Feeling how different men react to the music is another treat for me. Each personality, soul, feeling, brain and heart...each one so different of one another.

I ADORE IT!

*And, hopefully, become a better Oriental Dancer in all this fun process.




No comments: