Friday, May 27, 2011



For the next period of my life, there will be a priority over all others:



Finishing the writing of my own book.



Talk about challenges!



I am not a writer, although writting comes natural to me and works as a bridge between me and the many friends and followers I have all over the world.



Writting is also a kind of release and meditation for me so I use it as a remedy for my soul.

I do it from my guts, as everything else in my life.

Some people can be cerebral and pratical. Others, like me, can only do things from their heart and so there you have it...each word or dance step coming directly from the deepest corner of my heart. Beautiful, for sure. But so exhausting and always putting me inside that vulnerable spot where my raw self is exposed and all the wounds and dreams are made public.


So writting comes as yet another way of connecting myself with other people and being listened to, understood and - hopefully - appreciated.


Besides all that and this wonderful chit chat of the blogs and internet - where I write a kind of heartfelt but "fast food" stuff - there is the HUGE responsability of writing a book, MY OWN book.






This was the reason, the first one, which propelled me with no choice to come to Egypt and re-start my career here, after two intensive and successful years of work in Portugal both as an actress and as a dancer/teacher.






I left everything behind - love, family, work, homeland, all that was comfortable and known to me - and made the a rather crazy, brave decision: I am gonna work as an Oriental Dancer in the birth place of this Art and write about it from my own point of view and experience.






Of course, no one or anything could have warned me for the incredible obstacles and miracles I would face in Egypt. That s part of the BRAVE step: it is full of ignorance and childish confidence. Otherwise, most of the incredible steps of the most incredible people would not have taken place.






Time passed and, after five years performing in Egypt and other two years previous to these when I danced around the Middle East tasting other oriental waters, I ve come to a point of success and recognition world wide and I can proclaim, with the confidence of the brave and the conscience of the experienced, that I am ready to close this huge chapter by telling the world how come did I end up here, everywhere, doing what I do.






The adventures of an Oriental Dancer in the land of all mysteries...



Events will follow and I will surely divulgate them over here but my mind, hands, heart and soul will be stripped off their charts by the most daring step I have taken so far: writting my own book.






News of following events will be updated soon!



Grateful for the LIFE already experienced and happy, in antecipation, for the MUCH more that is still to come.



Amen.


1 comment:

Justina Rakasa said...

Please make ordering and delivery for Serbia possible, because I want to read your book as soon as it's published. Love and respect from Belgrade,
Justina Rakasa