Saturday, May 21, 2011












Cairo, the 21st May, 2011



Stop!




My latest discovery: the body needs times of rest in order to assimilate all its creations and experiences.






Some times, the best dance exercize you can offer your body is sleep or a quiet time observing what happened to it in recent (or past) times...Listening to it, just listening.






No pushing and no action.






Oh, don t you all look so surprised...yes, this is a discovery for me, even if I always knew, theoratically speaking, that the muscles and the cells need time to digest physical exercise, any kind of exercize.








That might include dance, if the logic of my brain is not failing me in a very obvious way.








Then why would I suppose that, after performing non-stop for the last 5 years, my body would not need a silent/quite time to recover and internally DIGEST all I ve been learning and creating?!











Digestion time...yet ready to new banquet/new creation time






(oh, yeah...I may have discovered the wonders of digestion/quite time for my body but I am still a dance maniac...in case you didn t notice it until now!).

No comments: