Monday, May 23, 2011


Cairo, the 23rd May, 2011



Of Tango and other lessons...




The smell of each man I danced with during the night lingers in the memory of my senses.





The emotions I had with some of them fill my heart with new colours and possibilities.





The suspension, attack, different ways of reading the music coming from such different partners start to build up inside me, giving me ideas of how to use Oriental music in my own work and artistic expression.





The different personalities and energies I am offered to dance with tell me there is much more than 10000 ways to dance and that a simple walking step can carry the world in it, if I feel that is the truth.



Tango has been a series of lesson after lesson that brings a new life into my Oriental Dance and understanding of the world.

And what a great lesson it is to understand that dance is defined from within and that small steps can make us fly.

TANGO LESSONS.

No comments: