Monday, July 9, 2012

Thank you, dearest, at SALAMAT MASR FESTIVAL, CAIRO.

It isn't what I do, but how I do it.
 It isn't what I say, but how I say it,
and how I look when I do it and say it.
(Mae West)


I want to thank the curious, daring, energized dancers who joined my 
WORKSHOP at SALAMAT MASR FESTIVAL yesterday. Those were a couple of hard working, challenging and - I hope! - eye opening hours. 


The "Set il Hosn" music - composed for Nagwa Fouad - is an AMAZING dance material full of details, nuances, moods, intensities, styles, universes. That´s part of the reason why it is considered one of the best - if not the best - musical entrance for Oriental Dancers composed until today. 
The more sophisticated the music is, the more sophisticated the dancer (and her tools) must be. If the music is RICH, then the DANCER´S level must be rich or richER, never bellow the first.


It is known that I LOVE challenges, I crave them, I LIVE for them and because of them. Adrenaline junkie, ambition freak some say. From the true depth of my BEING - that very few people know - all  I want is to GROW and offer that same growth opportunity to others, may them be students or audiences. 


Gratitude to SALAMAT MASR FESTIVAL who believes in my work and gave me this chance to share it with all of you. 
Sending LOVE and COURAGE to all (including myself;).


No comments: