Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Simple pleasures that heal the soul.


Having dinner with my best friend (the best indian cuisine in the world surrounded by candles, laughter and THAT kind of trust I can only have with her*);
Receiving messages from all over the world congratulating me for my work and asking when I´ll be in this and that country;
Running with our dogs (one of my classics) - under heavy rain;
Breathing fresh air and feeling free to walk in public spaces without being sexually harassed (big contrast in relation to my "regular" life in Cairo);
Watching a beautiful sunset and having tea with my mum in a cozy coffee shop facing the castle of the city (yes, my family lives in a city that was originally built around its own castle - this is Portugal, my friends. Castles are our second nature);
Having lunch at our garden;
KNOWING that Life is GREAT, no matter how many dark spots we can choose to focus on (I CHOOSE JOY!).


No comments: